Friday 25 August 2017

How I have been wearing the wrong bra size for TWO YEARS

 As promised in my last blog post, I am going to treat you to storytime about how it turns out that I have been wearing the wrong bra size for almost two years and how my first fitting at Boux Avenue as one of the new Boux Ambassadors, helped me find this out.
So. It has always been a running joke in the family that I am the only one who didn't get the boob gene, as my mum and sister have been blessed with these incredible size J and G boobies, while I have been sitting on a B since I was about 18 (OR SO I THOUGHT). 
It wasn't always like that however, at the start of my teenage life things were going so well, I got into my first big grown up relationship when I was about 14 (ha), and because my mum is the ultimate 'cool mum' got me on the pill straight away, which along with being a typical teenager and being comfortable in a young relationship, saw me put on a bit of weight but I was pushing a D cup so was pretty chuffed, along with hoisting them up to my chin with one of those ridiculous ultimate plunge bras from Primark that we all had.
My boobie life was short lived though and when I reached 17, went through a break up and a bit of a stressful and shit year, my puppy fat seemed to fall off me. Admittedly I was smitten with my new size 8 frame to begin with but what I hadn't realised was that this now meant my curves had slightly deflated and I was left with absolutely no bras that fitted me. Since then I have kind of been making it up as I go along, choosing bras that look like they might fit and just going up or down a size depending on how it goes. For the last two years I have been wearing a 32B, as although I was once told I was a 32C, I felt like they gaped a bit and I liked the bit of extra uplift that wearing a 32B gave me. 
After my fitting at Boux, it turns out the reason that I had that gaping was because my band size was too big not the cup size, and by going down a band size but going up `TWO cups sizes this fixes the problem all together! Now when I went home and told my mum and sister that I was now a 30D they both laughed and told me that I had got it wrong, but when I actually got out the new bra that I got, they both understood, although it sounds huge compared to what I thought I was, the actual size of the bra looks about the same to the eye, or as my mum put it, "wouldn't even fit a dolly" but it fits me!

Now for the bit you have probably actually come here for, the gorgeous new set.







During my fitting, I was lucky enough to be able to choose one to take home with me, and although I tried on a million different ones and wanted to take them all home, I decided on this beautiful Zoe Non-padded Triangle Bra and matching thong. What I loved about it was how intricate and sexy it was and gave me a natural uplift without any need for padding. I also like that because the colour is something a bit unique I could get away with wearing this underneath a sheer summery top with it looking like a bralet rather than a full on bra, and I am holding on to the last little bit of summer with everything I have!
The set comes with either matching high waisted sheer knickers or a thong, I went for the thong just because it will fit nicer underneath a lot of my clothes but for you girls who are a bit self conscious and want a bit more cover for any wobbly bits, the high waisted was equally gorgeous and a bit more lingerie-esque. 
If you've got this far hope you enjoyed boobie storytime and thanks for baring with me while I still get the hang of blogging, being myself and opening up a little bit.

'Til next time,

Tara-Jade x 

Zoe Non-padded Bra: http://www.bouxavenue.com/bras/zoe-non-padded-triangle-bra/101679_80EM30B.html

Zoe Mesh Thong: http://www.bouxavenue.com/knickers/zoe-mesh-thong/101680.html?dwvar_101680_dressSize=06&dwvar_101680_color=80EM&cgid=

Zoe High Waist Brief: http://www.bouxavenue.com/knickers/zoe-mesh-high-waisted-briefs/101681.html?dwvar_101681_color=80EM&dwvar_101681_dressSize=06&cgid=


No comments

Post a Comment

© Tara-Jade
Maira Gall