Friday 25 August 2017

Becoming a Boux Ambassador & my first Boux store visit and fitting

So, a quick heads up, for the next 9 months my feed is about to be inundated with photos of pretty lacey underwear and many a bed top flat lay. That is because I am very excited to say that I am one of this year's student Boux Ambassadors! I feel incredibly lucky to have been offered such a fun and exciting opportunity, especially representing the Oxford Street store, and want to throw myself straight into it, so fair warning and all that! 
The lovely ladies over at Boux sent out this gorgeous welcome box with the Lucie bra and matching knickers in the colour Strawberry, and a candle and body mist in their signature scent 'White chiffon', all packaged up in one of their beautifully presented gift boxes. This set was perfect for my first one, as they are sized according to clothes sizes instead of bra sizes, and I was a bit unsure of what bra size I would be in Boux as I always have trouble finding what size I am in different stores without trying them on. The colour was gorgeous, and as you may have been able to tell from my brightly coloured Instagram feed, I love a pop of colour especially in the summer. As a small boobie girl, I am joining the movement and embracing my lack of, making the most of the comfort of the delicate unpadded triangle bras while its still fashionable to have somewhat smaller assets, so this style was perfect.
As for sizings I got the top in an 8 and the knickers in a 10, just because although I am also lacking in the bum departments (sucks to be me!) I like to wear my knickers a bit bigger so that they don't cut into my hips and give awkward shapes in tight clothes, just my preference!
Both the candle and the spray were this lovely fresh clean scent, which admittedly once I let my mum have a whiff of, have now mysteriously made their way down into the living room as one of mums favourite smells in the world is jasmine. Years of stealing her perfume  and now the tables have turned!




My first Boux store visit and official fitting

I was a little nervous about heading along to my first fitting at Boux, mainly because I think I knew that I was wearing the wrong size all along, but I was scared that I was going to be told I was even smaller than I thought, BUT I think I am going to leave that story for another blog post, as this one is turning into a long one already and I want to show you what I bought as well! 
As I am still at home for summer, my nearest store was the Bluewater one, and although I am buzzing to go and see the Oxford Street store, that will have to wait until I am back up at uni, so I popped along to the Bluewater store for my first fitting. 
The girls in the store were so amazing, and made me and my sister feel so special and welcome, by greeting us with glasses of bubbly, getting me all sized up and making sure I am comfortable whilst still getting the right fit, waiting outside the changing rooms whilst I tried almost every single bra in the shop on, giving me a tour of the different collections in the store, giving recommendations on bra styles for my shape and size and grabbing anything else I needed in other sizes or styles whilst in the changing rooms at the touch of a button. I honestly cannot rate the customer service at Boux Avenue enough, and that was one of the things that I wrote on my ambassador application, every time you visit a Boux store they take the time to make you feel special and give you one on one service, which is something that you just do not get on many high street stores anymore, it is really really lovely.





I was lucky enough to be able to take home my favourite set from the day and I can't wait to show you in my next blog post so keep your eyes peeled for that one if you haven't spotted it on my Instastory already, it's a beauty!
Thank you so much Boux!

Lucie Bra in 'Strawberry': http://www.bouxavenue.com/bras/lucie-lace-triangle-bra/100997_40ST28A.html

Tara-Jade
x

No comments

Post a Comment

© Tara-Jade
Maira Gall